- PXI Express peripheral slot card
- Texas Instruments PCI Express to quad-port USB 3.0 controller TUSB7340
- PCI Express x1 Gen2 interface for optimum performance
- USB 3.0 xHCI (eXtensible host controller interface) SuperSpeed supported
- USB 2.0 High-Speed, Full-Speed, Low-Speed supported
- 4x front panel Type A USB 3.0 host connectors
- VBUS (+5 V) 1.5 A high current power switches individually assigned to front panel connectors
The PXIe3004 is a peripheral slot board for PXI Express systems, equipped with a quad port USB 3.0 compliant host controller. All 4 USB connectors are available from the front panel for attachment of external USB devices.
For optimum performance the board requires a 5Gbps PCI Express Gen2 connection.
The front panel USB 3.0 host connectors can deliver up to 1.5 A VBUS (+5 V) each. A maximum total current of 3 A for one PXIe3004 is possible.
When connected to USB 2.0 compliant devices, only the classic 4 contacts (data pair, +5 V VBUS and GND) are in use. USB 3.0 devices in addition communicate via the SuperSpeed differential transmit and receive signal pairs, available across another 5 contact pins.